Manages the loan processing/closing of the Association's Home Loan Department (HLD) which generates fee income through the sale of home mortgage loans on the secondary mortgage market to AgFirst Farm Credit Bank and other investors. Directly supervises the staff in the HLD Processing Center in the Greensboro Business Center. Oversees and supports the daily processing and closing of home loan applications as well as delegates responsibilities to staff as deemed appropriate to ensure that loans are processed and closed in a timely and efficient manner. Provides oversight and support for HLD Construction to Permanent loans throughout the construction process. Works with HLD staff and others to provide ongoing training to the loan originators in all areas of the loan process. Serves as the HLD loan origination system (LOS) administrator.
- Management & Staff Development: Provides direct supervision of Home Loan Department (HLD) Processing Center staff to ensure assigned duties are accomplished. Provides ongoing specialized training/cross-training and development of HLD staff. Monitors loan activities for compliance with policies and procedures and ensures loans are processed in a timely and satisfactory manner. Provides oversight and support for HLD Construction to Permanent loans throughout the construction process.
- Assistance and Training to HLD Staff: Works with the HLD staff and HLD Manager on a regular basis to accomplish the following:
- Provide training on various loan programs (including the loan origination system) and mortgage lending fundamentals.
- Work with the originators to assist them with questions/issues relating to loan applications and how best to package the loans. Also, provide guidance as to the appropriate investor to utilize in placing the loan for approval.
- Assist the loan originators in achieving their established loan volume and income goals and objectives.
- Assist the HLD Manager in conducting sales and technical training to all loan originators.
- Work with the loan processors, loan underwriters, loan closers, HLD staff and others involved in the loan process in order to efficiently close loans in a timely manner that provides extraordinary customer service.
- Marketing and Public Relations: Works with the HLD loan originators in conjunction with the HLD Manager to provide assistance in carrying out strategies to market our home loan program.Provides information to the loan originators on how to market themselves and our loan programs. Works with the loan originators and HLD Manager in maintaining and developing relationships with realtors, home dealers and other related parties in the mortgage industry. Works with the HLD Manager in developing and expanding relationships with AgFirst and outside investors so that we continue to be competitive in the home loan programs and products we offer. Provide training in this area to loan originators and HLD staff. Promotes a sales environment and provides motivation to the loan originators to achieve the desired production/loan volume goals.
- Compliance: Provides assistance and guidance to the loan originators and other HLD staff concerning complying with all laws, regulations and guidelines relating to mortgage lending. Assists in providing training and information to the loan originators to ensure that all loans are in compliance with regulation and mortgage lending guidelines. Provides technical assistance and maintains subject matter expertise as it relates the loan origination system (LOS). Works closely with our Compliance Department to ensure that all compliance matters and requirements are appropriately addressed.
- Reporting: Provides appropriate reports and information concerning activity with loan originators and HLD staff as required by supervisor and/or CFC.
- Proven performance record with at least five years’ experience in mortgage lending.
- Possesses a current awareness of the secondary market industry, as well as, economic and housing developments in the region that may impact the housing market.
- Knowledge of Fannie Mae and other mortgage home loan program guidelines and regulations.
- Prior working knowledge of mortgage loan origination systems.
- Possesses excellent sales and marketing skills and ability.
- Is a self starter with ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Strong analysis, judgment and communications (oral & written) skills.
- Strong and effective organizational skills.
- Superior written and oral communication skills and decision/problem-solving skills.
- Ability to be assertive and decisive in arriving at sound business decisions which serve the best interest of the customers and the Association.
- Ability to effectively work with all staff.
- Demonstrated computer skills.
- Possess the ability and desire to promote a sales culture/environment and to work with all members of the HLD team to motivate and encourage the achievement of established goals and objectives.
- Work closely with HLD Manager in order to effectively accomplish the Association and department goals and objectives.
- Experience with Farm Credit.
Candidates selected for interview will be contacted. EEO, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.
For our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement, please click here.
For access to our privacy policies, please click here.