The purpose of this position is to deliver outstanding service which exceeds customer expectations through the effective and efficient processing of loans. This position supports the delivery of credit and financial products and services to customers and builds customer relationships through product promotion. The Loan Processor assures customer needs are met personally or through other team members and is challenged to work very closely with all team members to effectively meet all customer needs in the assigned territory. This position provides loan processing, operational backup support, and administrative assistance. This position requires the employee to learn and live CFC’s "Why Statement," Core Values, Key Business Principles, and exhibit the competencies to create a culture of greatness within CFC.
Essential functions of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Credit/Lending: Assists in preparing and checking loan documents, commitments, closing papers and loan treatments. Assists in ensuring that required collateral insurance, current financing statements, and other required time-critical items are properly obtained prior to loan closing. Supports the loan officers in all administrative areas of loan delivery.
- Backup Operations: Serves as backup for daily accounting activities including posting and depositing incoming payments, disbursement of loan funds, loan verifications, and any other activity required for daily functions of the branch. Ensures that internal controls are maintained in accordance with accounting principles and prescribed policies and procedures.
- Customer Service / General Administrative: Works with the team in reaching business plan goals and objectives through effective product promotion. Ensures existing and potential customers receive prompt, courteous service, and provides general information as to policies and procedures. Maintains a favorable Farm Credit image at a local level through public relations.
- Education and/or experience equivalent to an Associate’s degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance, or equivalent paralegal experience.
- One to two years of loan processing experience.
- Effective and efficient computer skills and use of MS Office programs.
- Ability to interact effectively with a diverse group of people.
- Self-motivated, with ability and desire to learn and willingness to apply new procedures and concepts.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with solid oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal instruction.
- Ability to travel overnight as needed for training.
Candidates selected for interview will be contacted. EEO, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.
For our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement, please click here.
For access to our privacy policies, please click here.