This position will be responsible for insuring compliance with FCA Regulations including Borrower’s Rights and consumer lending laws, provide training and support to association staff to ensure compliance with all regulations and laws, and interact with
the Audit Committee. Individual will also manage the association Centralized Consumer Compliance function and promote interoffice collaboration and cooperation to achieve association goals.
Essential functions of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Compliance Officer
- Responsible for insuring compliance with all FCA Regulations including Borrower’s Rights
- Responsible for insuring compliance with Lending Regulations to include but not limited to Truth In Lending, Rescission, RESPA, TRID, HPML, NC Banking Commissioner Regulations, SAFE Act, Fair Credit Reporting, ECOA, FACT Act, Regulation U, OFAC, HMDA, and
- Stay abreast of changes in regulations, laws, and borrower’s rights
- Aid in the establishment or revision of relevant policies
- Compliance Training
- Provide training and support to association staff to insure compliance with regulations, laws, and borrower’s rights and efficiency in these areas
- Develop and foster systems for monitoring/processing compliance issues
- Utilizes available training tools to expand compliance knowledge (ex. Career Café, Compliance Training, AgFirst Training, etc.)
- Manager - Centralized Compliance Function
- Responsible for establishing procedures for the centralized consumer compliance team
- Communicates procedures to association staff and provides training
- Manages Compliance Loan Specialists on the team including performance evaluations and training
- HMDA Reporting Coordinator
- Responsible for establishing policies and procedures for association HMDA data collection
- Responsible for managing HMDA reporting process including certification of submitted data
- Monitor and pass along regulations that change for areas of compliance that are not within your responsibility such as:
- IT items to IT and Marketing Department
- HR items to HR Department
- Criminal Referral to SOC Officer
- Other Compliance issues that may arise from time to time
- All other duties deemed necessary to fulfill the association’s mission
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Economics or Finance.
- 5+ years experience in compliance required.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency and familiarity with financial databases and spreadsheet applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to employ diplomacy and tact with association employees and others while articulating compliance regulations and rules.
- Ability to be assertive and decisive in assisting branch personnel with compliance issues.
- Travel to/from other branch offices, associations, AgFirst or other facilities.
- Farm or ranch background with related practical experience.
- Farm Credit experience.
Candidates selected for interview will be contacted. EEO, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.
For our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement, please click here.