Individual will work with the Operations team to provide loan accounting support and internal controls for 32 branch offices. General accounting duties include bank reconcilements, balancing subsidiary accounts, back-up accounts payable, and general ledger
support. Must have knowledge of basic accounting principles and ability to apply that knowledge to assigned tasks.
- Support to branch offices involving daily processing of all loan, CIF, BE, FrontEnd, and Peoplesoft systems, rotates the Car_SupportOps Mailbox.
- Assists in overall controls, rotates daily reconcilement of depository, Funds in Transit accounts, and Loans Clearing Accounts. Responsible for entering data and balancing unpresented subsidiary accounts. Balances equity accounts and notifies branch offices when
members need to be contacted for stale dated checks. Coordinates Escheat process.
- Reviews daily new loan data, BE integrity, and other reports assigned to insure integrity of systems.
- Responsible for Cash deposit EEGTs, and administrative office daily work balancing and scanning. Reviews Wells Fargo for NSF and Positive Pay exceptions.
- Completes employee expense reports for people with personal cars and provides back up for director expense reports. Also provides backup for Account Payable, and prints checks as needed.
- Responsible for back up of participation accounting.
- Assists others when needed depending upon priority and performs other duties as may be assigned by the Controller.
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field preferred
- Ability to interact effectively with a diverse groups of people in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Strong communication skills with both internal and external customers
- Understanding of accounting procedures and practices
- Knowledge of PC systems and software, including Word, Excel, and Access
- Ability to travel overnight as training is needed
- Ability to work independently with minimal instruction
- Understanding of internal controls
Candidates selected for interview will be contacted. EEO, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.
For our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement, please click here.